Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Modified Rapture

Next step in trigeminal officialdom. I have classic, idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia. (say what?) That's to say, it is because it is, and is not caused by a) a brain tumor b) an aneurysm c) MS. The good (very good) news is that I'm responding to a sane dose of Tegretol with minimal side effects and haven't had an episode for over a week, even when I go outside. This goes on at least for another two months before we see if I can leave off the stuff for a while.

The other bit of good news is that if I go on adapting to Tegretol as I have, I can have a beer now and then. My reading (focused on other beer fanciers in similar straits) suggests that my two-a-day routine is off for a bit. A reasonably-sized beer or two once or twice a week is more like it. That sounds like heaven after weeks of being dry. Once can only drink so much sweet cider or diet ginger.

Which reminds me. This site alleges some above-mediocre to very respectable low-alcohol beers exist in Europe, most of which seem to have more promise than the average low-alcohol offering available here. Two problems are cost and availability. Wisdom welcome, especially when I get the frickin comments working.

1 Comments:

Blogger massmarrier said...

Well, I'm sure that we can keep your glass cold -- and regularly emptied. It's a karma thing.

I see that Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA is on tap at Redbones. I'll save you from having to consume it.

Let us know when you can drink one beer.

9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home