Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Cah Cah

A couple of weeks back I had a dispute with a truck tyre lying in the middle of a busy Boston artery. The referee's review took ten days but the verdict went to the tyre, which totalled my car by scoring a five inch crack in the tranny block.

Things I don't like about such situations:

1. I don't need one more person to tell me how lucky I am. One is rather busy in the moments before impact making good luck, or one is busy dying.

2. One should be grown up enough at 58 not to be jumpy when driving the same highway.

3. I really hate buying cars. More exactly, I hate shopping for them.

Watch this space as I observe this bastard child of capitalism in action.

2 Comments:

Blogger massmarrier said...

You should have called. I could have ridden out to 93 on my bicycle and given you a ride on the handlebars. Nah.

3:13 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

I forgot you'd indulged in this sport. In my case though it was the McClellan Highway, approaching the airport. Nice place that: heavy traffic 24/7 and no wiggle room.

11:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home