Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Monday, June 12, 2006

Life's Little Excuses

Rationalisation is the little engine that prevents us from going postal now and then. For example:

The Welsh national football team hasn't made the cut for the World Cup since 1958. I'll have to either choose an alternate or sulk. The pretty woman at the deli counter in the company cafe is promoting Brazil. Not so bad, but maybe I'll keep an eye on Argentina, which has a thriving Welsh community and is off to a winning start. The way things have gone, it's all uphill again for the US, so there are two reasons for an alternate selection.

My boss keeps heaps of mini candy bars around for "energy boosts." I figure that they're low in calories because there must be a lot of calorie leakage when they make the things so small, so I keep my energy duly boosted.

We now hear that beer helps ward off prostate cancer. This has potential to be the king of rationalisations. And on the same day we read that coffee wards off cirrhosis of the liver?
Oh frabjous joy! There you go: one beer, one java; one beer, one java, and so on day and night.

You can sleep when you're dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home