Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm on a roll tonight

I've spent more time unemployed than Donald Duck, so I've had more exposure to career counselors than any six people my age.

They know jack.

The trick is to listen to the inevitably contradictory advice of any six or seven of them, average it out, talk to neutral parties, and work out what is most likely to succeed in a given situation.

My own advice is, don't have a resume. (and don't bother with them thar dingaling Froggy accent marks). Have a core description that you can customise from employer to employer, highlighting those of your skills which most nearly match what the particular employer wants.

As they say in the Navy, that is nooo shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home