Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Monday, October 12, 2009

I knew that reminded me of something


By that, what I mean is the singular retro uniform of the Denver Broncos. If you missed it, Yahoo is happy to show you a still (right).

All through the game, I kept thinking, "what in hell does that look like?

Today, I figured it out. It reminds me of this (below):

Add Image
I'm not sure what this has to do with the loss. On the one hand, Denver channeling the Swiss Guards suggests Papal intervention of their behalf. On the other, it suggests Little Lord Fauntleroy whooping ass because of, not in spite of, his foofy clothes.

I can't testify to the accuracy of the retro Broncos uniform. Once upon a time, boys and girls, there was no pro football in New England. Before my time there had been a pro football team in Boston, but that seemed like ancient history. Our team was the New York Giants. We met the advent of the AFL with scorn and contempt, and it was some years before I even saw an AFL game on TV.

That was black and white TV: thus I can't verify whether the Denver Broncos really were uniformed like the Swiss Guard back then. Nor can I verify that receivers used to knock themselves out behind the end zones at...wait for it...Fenway Park.

So much for that. Now, Josh McDaniels' hoody: that is creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home