Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

More feline news

I stick to this because the last 36 hours have mostly been about work, and I don't talk about jobs here.

The vet called to say Mr Spike's blood work is excellent. Swell: we spent a ridiculous amount of money to find out what we already knew. Spike is overweight, bad-tempered with strangers, but otherwise absurdly healthy.

In my turn I reported that the experimental portion of diet cat food is a success, so starting tomorrow my shopping has to include a periodic stop at the vet's to buy his Rx food. We're still working out how Annie is going to get enough to keep her going whilst we keep our boy's consumption down to something less than a St. Bernard's.

I really don't see why animal shelters don't take trades... (just kidding).

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger crispix67 said...

There is an adorable little kitten named Spike at the adoption center here. His pic is on my Facebook page.

Maybe I could sneak the BIG Spike in and the little Spike out. I could say..um..I dunno what happened, he was his tiny little self last week, and this week he's gotten huge!Massive growth spurt! Think they'd buy it?

10:45 am  
Blogger massmarrier said...

Mr. S reads like a certain quartet I know.

8:26 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

But he has no taste for beer.

10:44 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

I wonder if Annie would notice the difference? She really missed him during his trip to the vet's.

11:21 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

And what would we tell Annie? That Spike shrank in the wash?

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home