Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Cures worse than the disease? Depends

The AARP is always anxious to look out for its members. The other day they posted the linked information about drugs that can cause memory loss. No surprise (I read this stuff too, and for a living), the Big Two for TN (carbamazepine and gabapentin) are right there. So is clonazepam (Klonopin). AARP lists this with its antianxiety meds, but it is prescribed also for its potent anticonvulsant properties.

Nice advice from AARP, but beware: the article is loaded with weasel words: "many patients" is prominent in the discussion of TN meds. I also take a statin and a beta-blocker, without which I wouldn't be around to write this.  Considering that I ring the chimes for five of these medications, it's a wonder I can remember my name.

Now, what was I saying?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home