Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

People-Watching

A nice thing about living where I do is that I'm just over three miles from downtown Salem, MA. We took advantage of propinquity and Sunday's warm weather to walk over and watch the people, including the 8000-member Harley Halloween ride. (When I grow up I want a Harley ... right).

One of the better moments was watching three evangelicals preaching damnation to what comedians call a "tough crowd." I don't think they were from the Westboro loony bin, because the signs lacked that technicolour quality. The largest sign enumerated those who are going to Hell. This would seem to be nearly everybody, including them, because the list included liars.

Oddly enough, it didn't mention witches.

Gentlemen: you're in Salem, it's Halloween: what were you thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home