Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Can't help wondering

Every time I read a news item about Oral Roberts University, I wonder why the good preacher's parents confined themselves to giving one child a name with a double entendre. Any play on Anal would have made a suitable companion name.

This reflection comes to you courtesy of someone whose college freshman class included a young woman whose first name was (not kidding) Vagina. One might pull that off today, in the aftermath of The Vagina Monologues, but I suspect it was a heavy load to bear in 1966.

This is how we end up with people who produce offspring who can carry on the sort of conversations Richard Roberts has with God...on the corporate jet, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home