Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Friday, March 28, 2008

Close to politics

So, some ten percent of Americans think Obama is Muslim, eh? Why does this not surprise me?

I don't have a race card to deal with. I don't have wingnut talk show hosts whipping people into a frenzy. What I do have is a highly unusual name from a very small country, and in many parts of this country, that's close to a crime.

Some years back, when our Department of Homeland Stupidity managed to detain a few travelers for the crime of being Welsh, I crossed a threshold after a lifetime of this crap. I don't care any more about the worthless opinions of people who find any name stranger than "Billy Bob" too complicated to handle.

I suggest Sen. Obama do the same.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home