Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Not ready for the Tour de France

So here we are. It's the moment I've awaited for years, when I can get on the bike to commute again. Determined, yes. Fast? Not so much.

My style. already rusty, has been cramped by one of those absurd injuries that come with advancing years. I would like to tell the world that I strained my trapezoid whilst training for something like the International Co-ed wrestling competition.

Alas, I strained it reading in bed.

It's edjumacational, or it would be for the various sorts of sports snobs who sneer that bicycling is "just a lower-body workout." Uh-huh. That would explain why my first act on getting to work these past couple of mornings is to reach for the ibuprofen and swallow a handful. Sorry, you can't ride without involving a good part of your body (including the trap) which is why I've missed commuting this way.

Stop? Hell no. I am cutting out my proposed decent-length routes in favour of the direct, 12 minute quickie until this gets under control. I appreciate the company ibuprofen, but I'd rather have a massage break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Uncle said...

Gotta get some clinical confirmation on this, but I don't think it's the trapezoid now. One of the left posterior spinati* is a more likely culprit. Which would explain the lovely jolts I get down the length of my arm when I roll onto my elbow. Ain't had so much fun since we dared each other to touch electric fences when I was a kid.

*If you think you understand that and you have no clinical training, you've had enough. give someone your keys and get a ride home.

1:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home