Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How terribly apropos!

Just walked out on some wingnut on the News Hour, fearful of the legal consequences of people from the 26 Red bastions getting married in California, coming home and filing suit.

Somehow I thought those states were like Iran: they don't have homosexuals (chortle).

But all this recalled to mind a bit of verse I hadn't heard in 40 years, so I surfed around and found it. It is the work of a sardonic mind too often forgotten these days, Richard Armour:

So leap with joy, be blithe and gay
Or weep, my friends, with sorrow.
What California is today,
The rest will be tomorrow.

(I made a particular point of getting an exact quote.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home