Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Friday, May 28, 2010

Cyber-whaa?

As I mentioned the other day, among the 23 LinkedIn people with my odd-in-the-USA Welsh name is my doppleganger. Going by the job listed as my current one on the account, this cyber presence goes back maybe 2 1/2 years, and I have no recollection of opening it at all. So much for the premise that we retain long-term memory as we age. Evidently that isn't long enough.

I'm separated two degrees from myself. Oh right, I know many people could have predicted that, and there are a few others who will shake their heads and say quietly that that explains a lot. Never mind, I'm finding it very comical too, and the comedy is going to keep me from resorting to LI's help desk to put my cyber-clone out of its misery.

The task progresses. I've tweaked the design umpteen times in a couple of days. I rationalise my perfectionism with the thought that this is a prototype whose chief end is to prove that I can communicate in media other than semaphore. Next, I'll do one just meant for time trials. After that, maybe I'll do one to make money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home