Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Monday, October 11, 2010

Peep show weekend, Day 3

This is my day to drop the storm windows..most of them, at least. It's an exercise I find more depressing with each new year. But hark! It's possible to have a worse Columbus Day.

One could, for instance, be on the road early in the morning of 10-11-10, having forgotten to stop drinking and go to bed on 10-10-10. One could then rear-end a car.

One could then discover that one has rear-ended the commanding officer of the Massachusetts State Police.

Oops.

According to local news, the alleged perp got to spend Columbus Day in the nearest State Police holding cell, presumably reflecting on her indiscretions.

I quite forgot to mention yesterday's domestic jollification. I arrived home to find my spouse in the kitchen in something of a state. A mouse had appeared. On the stovetop. When my spouse registered her objections, the mouse retreated to the oven vents and sat there sassing her. My idea of discouraging this sort of conduct was to turn on the oven. The absence of roast mouse smell suggested that the critter beat a retreat. Mr. Spike showed very brief interest in this incursion, and then went back to his nap.

But today, before the storm windows, my task was to get a mouse trap, since Mr. Spike was still channeling Garfield. I took the direct approach and got today's better mousetrap. The definition is that the best mousetrap kills the little creature swiftly and quietly, whereupon the designated household member takes the whole thing to the trash.

No, that wouldn't do. I had to return the mouseicidal traps and get merciful live traps. This was my cue to suggest that my spouse could then become the designated remover of the live traps, if successful.

Stay tuned: this may be interesting.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger massmarrier said...

Making a meal requires quite a few of those.

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home