Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Penn is mightier than what?

I have to polish my blog creds by commenting on the miserable child abuse scandal at Penn State.

1) The University Trustees will be saving a packet by firing Joe Paterno. Imagine how much pension has accrued to someone who has been on the payroll since the battle of Gettysburg. I haven't heard the Trustees say a word about channeling those savings to something like a fund for the victims. What? I SAID, A FUND FOR THE VICTIMS....

2) Other people for whom life could suck in the aftermath of this dirty mess #1: the 90 percent or so of Penn State students who did not riot, throw rocks at reporters, overturn news trucks, etc. Look carefully at the video of the riots. Note the darkness in the background where the crowd ends. I looked, because I've been there for this sort of Tonypandy. It must be very humiliating to be a non-rioting Penn State student.

3) Fortunately, I believe it's a few weeks ahead of the dreaded Early Decision date for high school seniors. It would truly suck to have committed to Penn State, then have this sleaze bomb explode. One wonders what this will do to next year's Penn State admissions generally.

In unrelated news, I can't even watch Rick Perry's senior moment without cringing. It doesn't matter how much I dislike him and all of the clowns on that bus. Meltdowns like that unite everyone of a certain age.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger malevolent andrea said...

Maybe Rick Perry's going through menopause? 'Cause you know I couldn't participate in a debate these days without notes written on my arm from wrist to pit. (Which is to say, I too feel great sympathy despite my dislike of his politics.)

12:17 am  
Blogger Uncle said...

That leads my mind in several directions, all politically incorrect. Now, we don't want to start rumours about Rick with The Base, do we? ;-)

12:52 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home