Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Titles

When Charles Schulz submitted the comic strip that would make him famous to United Features Syndicate in 1950, they liked about everything but the title. It wouldn't do. It was too much like several other strips. It didn't stand out, and it might lead to infringement problems. So the syndicate did what they had done before and chose a name for it. Schulz didn't like the new name, but he wanted the strip out there. So he agreed to "Peanuts."

I don't like "Scratches," so that must change. On the other hand, I remind myself that Schulz was a better artist than creator of titles. His idea was "L'il Folks."

I need to consult a girl in a booth labeled "Insights, five cents."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home