Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Monday, January 24, 2005

Sponging

I vaguely recall a moment in one of my sociology courses when the professor observed that those who are most insecure with their own sexual identity are the most likely to attack those whose sexuality differs from the norm. Keep in mind this was pre-Woodstock, pre-Stonewall, pre-just-about-everything. I've seen the argument proven repeatly in the thirty-odd years since I first heard it.

Whenever we run short of politicians and talk show hosts willing to prove the hypothesis, up pops the American Family Association to take it to pathological extremes.

Anyone who is obsessed about the sexual orientation of an animated sponge needs more help than this aging blogger can provide. I find myself wondering whether AFA members dare look under their kitchen sink. Not only are there square sponges there (Well, rectangular really, but what's a little poetic licence in a discussion like this?)...some of them are pink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home