Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, July 10, 2008

One more reason to move west

The Red Sox are going to Anaheim to play the Angels weekend after this.

My daughter, who still never misses a chance to mock the old man, told me last night that she has seats for all three games: "only" bleacher seats, she says. They cost $18.50 a game.

Recently, she bought the parental units a pair of bleacher seats for one game at Fenway. She spent a good deal more for one of those seats than she did for the entire Angels series. I'm not sure I can buy a hot dog at Fenway for $18.50.

So I'm living here why, again? Oh right, Kelly's fried clams.

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig H said...

Just Northwest, and only a little: The best seats at LeLacheur Park are ten dollars (I think) and the reason I don't know for sure is that Standing Room duckets are only four bucks, and you can generally sit wherever you want once you're inside the park. (We picked five rows up behind home plate last time, but usually we settle above the visiting team dugout because the home team dugout is always in the direct sun). Yeah, it's Single A ball, but the other day five of those single A-er's (Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkilis, Moss and Papelbon) put on a pretty good show at Fenway. All that and beers and dogs for $20. Shangri-Lowell, baby!

11:26 am  
Blogger Uncle said...

Yep, been there. All that was left when we arrived was untaken reserved seats in the first two rows behind home plate, and the ticket seller *apologised* for having to charge $12.50.

And the beer's good!

12:02 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

Ha! There is justice, albeit costly justice. If my offspring had shown becoming humility over getting those tickets, the Sox would not have been swept in Anaheim.

But she's holding *my* Sox tickets ransom, so I'll just shut up for now.

1:16 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home