Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Regarding moderation

In this case, I mean the practice of moderating blog postings.

I began doing it, oddly enough, over a progressive issue. In that case I was reminded, yet again, that certain issues attract ideologues like spilt food attracts pests. When it happened to me a second time it became clear that first, I would stay largely off political topics and second, that I would moderate everyone. That seems to be the only way to keep a non-ideological blog from being hijacked by the ideological frenzy of one lot or another. Since my experiences here, I have stayed away from all blogs that seem endangered by ideology. The lost art of casual conversation strikes me as a better medium for the exchange of ideas than most of what passes for discourse on the Web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home