Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Bad Lessons

I spent the return trip from Thanksgiving dinner in an unpleasant posture in the back of the Scion, apart from the stop where I left my dinner: all courtesy of my neurological companion.

Since then, something I've been expecting has happened. My body is slowly refusing to eat. I eat my English muffin breakfast and spend the rest of the daylight hours just queasy enough to have almost no interest in food. Lunch today was a cup of hot chocolate, supper an eggos omelet with a sprinkle of low fat feta.

The body learns faster than the intellect, even if the lessons aren't always right. If eating triggers neuralgia, then according to the body's logic, the thing to do is stop eating.

I have much better stored food reserves than I'd like, so we'll see how long this drama plays out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger malevolent andrea said...

I'm *so* sorry to hear that :-(

If you can barely eat, though, I think you need some of the high-test feta. Fat is good. Andrea said so. :-)

1:20 am  
Blogger Uncle said...

High-test feta goes especially well over polenta in tomato sauce :) If one is going to eat mush, it should be classy mush.

11:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home