Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, January 07, 2010

A simple solution

The wingnuts are fairly frothing at the mouth over the political subtext of Avatar. (Disclaimer: I haven't seen it yet, but it's high on the list.) Their reactions, in fact, remind me of my own initial responses to "reality" TV shows in general and Survivor in particular.

Where we differ is that I didn't suggest to anyone that reality TV was un-American merely because I didn't like either it or its subtext of human haplessness. I didn't imply that it should be censored or otherwise forcibly removed from audiences. Instead, I employed a simple but radical solution to my dislike of these shows.

I didn't watch them.

I commend this to the entire Right as a way to deal with a film they don't like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home