Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thanks...I theenk

To the best of my knowledge, I have not quite kicked the bucket. Spouse and I were up betimes to wield shovels and snow blower. When we were done, I nipped out for groceries whilst my wife went to work. When I came back, the evil street plowfolk had returned. I shoved the car through the mess and headed for the snow blower with something between a shrug and a sigh. At that moment a neighbour's high-school age son showed up with a modest snow thrower and attacked the crud at the end of the driveway. What could one do? I waved, shouted my thanks, and hobbled my geriatric self into the house with the groceries.

This is the same sort of mixed feeling that I've had when well-meaning people offered me the senior seat on the Blue Line. But thanks to my young benefactor, I got to stay inside and keep the Beast at bay.

2 Comments:

Blogger massmarrier said...

Did he call you "Sir?"

10:45 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

No, just "no problem:" a young man of gratifyingly few words.

2:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home