Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Friday, December 12, 2008

Privileged classes

In this day of politial correctness, I've noticed that female health care workers remain the one group who can call total strangers "hun" with complete social impunity: especially when the stranger is an older male with a needle in his arm.

I vaguely recall this on the day of my surgery, but I was too stoned to confirm it. Today, whilst giving blood, I was wide awake. And charmed.

1 Comments:

Blogger malevolent andrea said...

I plead the fifth. :-)

Also? I think diner waitresses can get away with it too.

7:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home