Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Friday, May 22, 2009

More reasons I'm not in politics

I should, really should, be happy that the contenders for leadership of the Republican Party are Dick Cheney and Rush Limbaugh. That would mark me out as a politician. I'd prefer it if Cheney were indicted for war crimes. I'd also like it if Limbaugh had not been caught popping pills and had dissolved into a hallucinogenic cloud.

Cheney's recent behaviour has reminded me yet again of what Mark Twain wrote in Pudd'nhead Wilson:

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home