Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Modern life

Back in February, I gave up hope of finding the genuine, yellow-covered, Farmers Almanac around here and ordered one online, along with an early renewal offer.

Being used to the eBay standard of speed--two and a half days from Texas to New England being my record there--I set myself to wait.

And wait, and wait, and wait, and...

About three weeks later, the bag was full in Dublin NH and I got an email saying that my order had shipped.

Today, about three weeks after that, it arrived. It had been shipped from Dublin NH to here, about 75 miles away, by way of Oregon IL (or was it Illinois OR?)

People have walked from Dublin NH to the North Shore and back in less than six weeks. When the Almanac was young, many did. I hope they start early on shipping next year's issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home