Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A message from our sponsor

After going back and forth on whether to do my own Web site, I'm starting to do one...actually, two. In order to post a reasonable set of samples, I'm accepting nominations for copy from this blog suitable for inclusion.

Let's keep in mind the purpose here is business, or chiefly business. Therefore some items will probably not be suitable for inclusion. I can legitimately use somerecent reportage, but I figure the blog can demonstrate variety and adaptability.

As for the second, I'm adapting a technique of Mr. Harrumpher's. I'm far from laying claim to a relatively common name that needs clarification. However, the results of the last Google experiment show that one has to explain which Welshman is which. It may be partially in Welsh (I need to work on my Welsh writing skills) and the tentative title is Beth am Bryn, beth bynnag.

Look it up, bwahahaha.

2 Comments:

Blogger crispix67 said...

So, if one wanted to say "whatev" would that be "Beth bynn"?

Or does Welsh not translate laziness and 'tude? LOL

word of the day is "murvers" down there in the word verification.

Love it.

5:02 pm  
Blogger Uncle said...

Oh there's attitude, all right! Beth bynn...cute! Actually, in my limited exposure, what you're looking for is "dim ots." Literally, it means "no odds," but it covers "whatev," "sure," "like yeah," etc.

Now, can we can back to the request for the freakin" reviews??

10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home