Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Monday, January 30, 2012

Can't help liking it

Oh we do like science. And, of course, the complaining from the defenders of The Base. Today, of course, we have to depend upon scientific studies to draw conclusions that in other times might have been considered obvious.

To John Stuart Mill, for example, who presented the same conclusion in 1866 without so much hoo-hah:

What I stated was, that the Conservative Party was, by the law of its constitution, necessarily the stupidest party. Now, I do not retract that assertion; but I did not mean to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home