Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Saturday, January 16, 2016

If it's tourist season...

My heart sank when I read this item about the (hypothetical) discovery of the exact site of the Salem hangings of 1692, so I can't help posting about it. In the warm months, every Wednesday, my midday walk takes me across the top of this hill, where a shady path provides a few moments of respite from the nuttiness of the work day.

It is a loathsome prospect that this island of sanity might be invaded by swarms of tourists towed around by the collection of professional liars who form Salem's tour guide corps. It would be worse if the adjoining quiet parkland and (at midday) quiet residential streets were invaded by tourists on the loose.

As they say back home, "if it's tourist season, why can't we shoot 'em?"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home