Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Where I don't want to go here

A plan is evolving to focus here on issues of chronic pain and treatment, perhaps in earnest once I get to that title change. Since I have to deal with these topics personally and professionally, and since the wisdom is to focus a blog, it seems like the place to be.

That means:
  1. No politics except those related to the focus. There are plenty of political statements on chronic pain treatment, the majority pandering and ignorant.
  2. No gun control. Shortly before I left Facebook, I commented on a piece about the open-carry idiots as a former gun owner. The author of the piece earnestly invited further input and I refused. He said they needed voices like mine, which is true. That makes it too bad that so many supporters of gun control have done all they can to sling toxic invective at voices like mine. Like many others, I will say no more, and supporters of this worthy movement have only themselves to thank for that.
  3. No travelogues. They're fun but irrelevant. Maybe I'll open another blog for fun stuff.
  4. No cat tales: ditto.
As for what I want to have here:


  1. Professionally, my interests are in the varied set of problems related to pain management in general and opioid abuse in particular. Personally, my interests lie in documenting my own disorder, and in looking at the unique problems posed by the entire evil family of neuropathies. Most don't respond to opioids at all, which makes us bystanders to that issue as patients. The opioid problem does affect my work directly.
  2. I think this blog should deal with mental illness from time to time. It's another subject that mingles personal and professional interests. It may also touch on the whole area of medical pseudoscience, woo, and quackery now and then. In my own space I can control the first world types who believe the best way to close an argument is to issue a death threat. As I shut the door behind them here, I may remind them that throwing death threats around the Wild West of the Internet is bringing a knife to a gunfight.
  3. By the way, a reader told me that I sounded a little intimidating. The civil have nothing to fear. I mean to show the uncivil the door, but I may take a moment to publish their comments and indulge in a little humiliation at their expense.

PS: Does anyone else find it odd that Blogger.com's spell check doesn't recognise blog?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home