Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Thoughts for the record

It helps to have pushy friends. The payback for the time I spent last year on a community college advisory panel is some aggressive promotion of my good self by such a person also involved in the panel process. This is good, since aggressive self-promotion isn't my forte.

Now here is a medical breakthrough that could have applications beyond its original clinical intention. Depends upon whether it deals with rejection that occurs outside the body or not.

The moon we have this week is the full beaver moon, and Sadie Hawkins Day is coming up on Saturday. Feel free to place those in your file of useless information.

I don't care what the weather forecast says, we do not use the S-word before its time around heah.

Good news of the day. I went to the unemployment office to file for my extended benefits, and the process took less than ten minutes. This adds 33 weeks of modified anxiety. If things don't improve, there's a state extension beyond that, and if Congress squares away, 20 more Federal weeks. And by that time I will be ready to be a Walmart greeter or assume some equally responsible position. This dreary prospect is why I continue to try on the retired label. Yech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home