Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Core Dump

The trouble with these things is that one has to say something more or less regularly. That sort of thing is easier when you're being paid to put words on a page, and are under deadline to do it.

I have nothing much to say about the weather, except that it's cold today and is supposed to get warmer directly.

I have sworn off politics as a topic. In an election year, this leaves me speechless much of the time.

I don't blog about work. Work has absorbed most of my waking hours lately.

Which leaves:

  1. When Grendel's mother begins to resemble the prototypical feminist, one can argue that the screenplay has wandered a bit far from the original work.
  2. I may need a new flavour of almanac. I've been a devotee of The Old Farmer's Almanac since childhood. However, the magazine's increasingly vocal denial that global climate change poses global threats has me opening a search for a replacement. If they do it again this year, I'm looking elsewhere. I buy almanacs to know when the tide is in, the sun is up, and interesting astronomical events happen. If I want global warming denial, I can find any number of right-wing news rags to supply it.
  3. The best thing about the months from September through February is that you get at least one four-day week a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home