Scratches

Comments on life, the universe and everything from an aging Sixties survivor.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Ummm, isn't "about me" part of the point of the blog?

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Stifling Myself

I was going to make a flip remark about the appearance of the anti-gay-marriage talking heads, and then I thought:

That's where it began, isn't it?

All right, it's possible that such a fire has many fuels, but if one could ever get these people to open up, one would likely find an overture in adolescence from someone who was also trying to find the way to his or her sexuality. Some people can shrug off receiving a suggestion contrary to their interests and move on. Some people may even have made such suggestions as part of the stormy voyage of discovery we call adolescence. One of them, or all of them, may not have been a fit. That is how we learn.

If I went on in this vein, I would hardly be stifling myself. I'll save it for the present, and just pledge to say nothing personal that might increase the spokespersons' anxiety level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home